Your LTCI Benefits
Long Term Care Insurance is the ideal complement to your financial planning retirement strategy. Receive additional financial benefits tax-free when you need it most!
- If you require care due to illness, accident or diminished physical or mental capacity, long-term careinsurance provides you with a tax-free monthly income to help bridge the gap between your personal savings and provincial and private health insurance coverage.
- Benefit eligibility is not dependent on admission into any care facility, nor do you have to obtain receipts for the care received to collect the designated benefit payments.
- The freedom to use your benefit the way you see fit to receive the type and quality of care you need. You can even use the tax-free benefits to pay a family member or friend to provide the care you deserve.
To qualify to receive your benefits you must meet ONE (1) of the following THREE (3) criteria:
1) Constant supervision by another person because of deteriorated mental ability.
2) Stand-by assistance to perform bathing & transferring.
3) Physical assistance with at least TWO (2) of the following SIX (6) activities of daily living:
When the Need arises
Benefits are paid over your lifetime TAX-FREE
The money is yours to do with as you choose
Benefits are paid directly to you and no receipts are required whether you are:
- in a facility such as a nursing home
- receiving home care in your own home by a professional
- receiving home care by a family member or friend